You might be able to enroll in or change Market protection solely in case you have a qualifying life occasion
Printed on February 13, 2020
Now that Open Enrollment is over, you possibly can enroll in or change Market protection solely in case you have a life occasion, like getting married, having a child, or shedding well being protection, that qualifies you for a
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are 4 fundamental sorts of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Shedding job-based protection (whether or not by your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Youngsters’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family modifications: Marriage, little one beginning or adoption, divorce, or demise
- Residence modifications: Sure family strikes, like transferring to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like revenue modifications): Modifications that make you now not eligible for Medicaid or the Youngsters’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and many others.
How do I apply for 2020 protection by a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- For those who qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an current one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- Chances are you’ll be requested to submit paperwork to verify the life occasion that makes you eligible.
Unsure your life occasion counts as a Particular Enrollment Interval? Simply reply a number of fast questions to seek out out.